BlueScope Steel is a company with large greenhouse gas emissions however the company is taking action to progressively reduce its effect on the environment, and has taken a leadership role in water conservation through the Tank A Day Challenge (TADC).
Schools around Australia are educating children on sustainability and environmental issues. By tapping into the voice of children, BlueScope steel is capturing the attention of the Australian public.
BlueScope Steel created The TADC, aiming to encourage water-saving practices within primary schools, as well as teaching young Australians about the water cycle and the importance of water harvesting, conservation and management.
- 200 rainwater tanks given away every day of the school year to raise water-awareness across primary schools
- 30% of all primary schools across Australia have registered in the TADC
- 486,420 primary school students across Australia have taken the online water saving quiz on the TADC website
- TADC achieved 25% national consumer awareness (Audited by Initiative Media)
- Total coverage: 239 pieces
- TV 52 pieces
- Print 126 pieces
- Radio 56 pieces
“The TADC has exceeded all expectations. Outstanding school involvement and media coverage generated for BlueScope Steel.” Head of communications, BSS